Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Play day 1 and 2 off, Keyboard Day 3

With day and 2 already behind me with hardly time for a facebook status update you can imagine RDTC is hardcore fast.  Between the 7-5 day and reading homework at night time here is certainly well spent.  Looking forward to having Saturday and Sunday off, I got up early to make this post because its the only way I can make time for it. 

This is how fast it is:  We drove in the lot on day one, and today we drive on the streets.
Driving laps around the range can only be used to practice so many situations.  The only way to learn to do some things is to just.. do it.

Luckily the trainers here are great.  Dale has about 35 years of behind the wheel experience, and he's a fun guy to be around.  Without a good trainer I don't know how I would have picked this up so fast.  I was kind of a wreck with shifting on Monday afternoon, but yesterday morning something just "clicked" and I'm ready for the back roads today.  I even backed straight about 150 yards pretty well on the first try.

This whole trip is big.  Like more than moving 2800 miles for college big.  I'm getting this feeling of accomplishing things and conquering obstacles that I've either forgotten in the last 2 years, or have never felt at all.
Time to pack lunch if I want to eat well today, I'm sure after being on the real road I'll need it.  I'll need to get coffee on the way for my hands.  Its 28 degrees out today and that's about the high.  50 was nice yesterday but thats probably the end of that.

Rock on-

1 comment:

  1. Keep warm and hope you had a great day. Love ya MOM

    ReplyDelete