Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Long December

I was inspired by a truck I saw last December while out training with John who had a single length of rope lights on his dashboard at night.  Despite all the truck stops we stayed at, that was the only truck with Christmas lights I saw all season.

So this year, every night I was parked somewhere from Thanksgiving to Dec. 23rd when I came home, this is what you'd see.

Similarly, there was only one other truck I saw with lights this year.  I am disappoint.






The upgrades at my favorite terminal are moving along as weather permits, hopefully the new showers and cafe will be done on time in April.  I think other drivers are more concerned with the additional service bays and possibly (but unlikely) the expedition of maintenance work in the future.





Simplified explanation


Full Bath = Shower, bathtub, sink, toilet
3/4 Bath  = Shower, sink, toilet
1/2 Bath = Toilet, sink.
Gary's current units have only a shower and sink.  What does that make them?


Snow Shoe, PA







 Headed into some hell after embarking out west again after Christmas.  I was on a mission to keep 44k lbs of bananas at a steady 60°F all the way from Philly to Stevens Point, WI.  According to Sheila the outside temp never beat 34 and I ran into some seriously MEAN stuff in Indiana when the lake effect collided with the already slow moving snow storm I was driving through.  Near South Bend it went from just wet roads and flurries to near whiteout and 3"+ on the road in a handful of miles.  An hour later I was in Gary and it was evident they didn't see a damn flake since I left on the 21st. 

Hartford, WI
I enjoyed hanging out with Rollie and Dean for the afternoon with the time I had to burn on the way to SP.  It added a taste of reality and nostalgia to my very much digitized social life.

Wish I had a lapse in delivery times like this more often.
List of things you usually do NOT see in a 3/4 bath:  The first is obviously a bath tub.  Now the second on my list is input jacks for speakers in the shower head.  Welcome to Pilot #056 at 2825 Lane Street, Kannapolis, NC.

I don't pack my bags for a shower expecting to do A/V setup, so I didn't have any cables to utilize this anyway.  Maybe next time.

<And next time time I get a place of my own, you'll find this.




Leaving HQ a few days after Christmas.  One of many snowbanks around the yard  That truck is driving on the road BEHIND the pile, not stuck in it.

1 comment:

  1. As always I enjoy the bits of the blog. I keep looking for you but haven't been lucky yet. See ya.
    Den

    ReplyDelete