Friday, April 12, 2013

Pieces

Irony time- shortly after the trip back from hell my bunk heater stopped working.  And behold, overnight lows everywhere can't top 40.  So any other driver on the planet could just idle the truck to stay warm, except that SOME guys who have trucks that turn off after 3 minutes if the clutch doesn't get attention.  No way in hell was I going to miss home time this past weekend, so I sucked it up and dressed warm.  Just when I thought the worst was over coming down from the camping trip.  I discovered something about waking up cold.  I wake up inherently pissed off, and the mood doesn't improve trying to make a decent bowl of cereal with mostly frozen milk.

Fast forward to this day 11 with no heat, I made it to Appleton where they were expecting me.  After checking in I'm watching marathons of Storage Wars, Rules of Engagement, and Friends all while making plans for the annual UAT reunion trip to Vegas. After a few hours I got a call from the front desk asking if I wanted to take the company car and go on a solo field trip.  I only agreed because one of the things on the shopping list was my bunk heater blower.
Yes, that's my custom anti-scuff packaging

A full 2 piece windshield, 2 amber markers with brackets, a handful of gaskets, and most importantly, 2 Webasto fuel heater blowers.  55 miles, 90 minutes, and no speed governor.

We're not in Gary anymore, a little teamwork goes a long way here.  Skip to the front of the repair line?  No, thank YOU my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment