Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One Week

...from today will be my one year anniversary with Sheila 2.0.  I would celebrate her actual birthday (6/26/12) but obviously I already missed it.  Might actually be off on hometime next Tuesday so I may be partying without her anyway.

Market Basket in Andover
Time for a PM check-up and coincidentally there is a recall on the ProStar's fuel pumps.  Given the dealership next to HQ probably ran out of them 5 minutes after Navistar made the call, I'm at the much smaller dealership about 20min north on WI-13.  Hopefully my 14 won't run out before I can get back to HQ, so I can at least get the ball rolling with the non-warranty crap.  Ala- power window on passenger side being toast, STILL a slow air leak, and all the hardcore rain I've been hitting everywhere has revealed a drip coming from the top of the windshield just left of the steering wheel.  Couldn't have been anywhere else on it.  Had to be there.  At least the A/C is running smoothly.  Been pushing that thing to the max the last couple of weeks. 

Terminal Velocity


Only 109° out
I got to visit Phoenix a few weeks ago again, this time grabbing a few more colleagues and going out for some nostalgia bombing.  I was also happy to take advantage of the now completed terminal there, although there are no bunk rooms and still only one (spacious) shower you access from outside the building, its pretty homey.  The only break room has Dish TV, laundry, a vending machine that does ice cream, and a straight-up ice machine. 

This little special run of course threw off my weekend-weekend schedule and I ended up taking a Tuesday-Thursday hometime. Also coincidentially said days happened to encompass the 4th of July which was cool because I had a bitchin' good time with friends and family.

And it was almost cooler in Phoenix.



Gary on the other hand, is officially behind schedule.  At least it's half-open, the only things left are the new service bays, showers/bunk rooms, the permanent driver lounge, and the cafeteria/kitchen.  A lot is still roped off but hopefully within the next few weeks it will be 100%. Which is about a 100,000% improvement from this time last year.
Not to mention the new storm drain plan.
Kitchenette all done
Showers and bunk rooms have a long way to go

Spent another night in Winslow on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment