Monday, March 26, 2012

The best laid plans

While the trucking business is all well and good, one of the unspecified points of this blog is to keep my ass on track with my original career goals. Thus, you get to read about my journey back towards video games from time to time. Don't act surprised- people who know me already knew this wasn't going to be permanent. Though its not exactly going to be done with next week, either. It's going to be ranted here because working in solitude for 2 weeks at a time does things to you if everything ferments inside that 7 square foot box. Both in your mind and the laundry basket.

And nothing motivates you to getting back in the business quite like these 2 things:
-Attending GDC (which I sat out on this year)
-The conclusion of this weekend's project:
I'm not sure I've ever heard of a video game trilogy whose conclusion was so disappointing that an overwhelming majority of fans rise up and dead seriously demand that it be re-made while the studio defends their decisions without a hint of regret.

While that would be nice and all, I'm content with refusing to accept what I saw as the ending, imagining my own variant, and convincing myself that is what I really witnessed yesterday. Funny enough, it was very easy to do so. You know how when you have a dream that seems like real life but some element is just so out of place that you can easily believe it wasn't real? Yea, that's kind of how this was.

Back to Rocksmith we go!

Back out at 0700 tomorrow, and time to start harassing dispatch about routing me up north for Easter weekend. And if it starts with a burnt out headlight, I know to start running this time.

2 comments:

  1. I fixed mom's license plate lite so she won't get pulled over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope these two weeks go by quick and uneventful. Look forward to seeing you for Easter. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete