Friday, March 22, 2013

Turn The Page

There was a political rant here about why I'm losing interest in my usual talk radio programs lately, but it speaks volumes to instead spam backspace and spare you.  Let's just say that in between all the bullshit on SiriusXM there have been a lot of ads for Amazon's audio book store, Audible.com.  Meet the newest edition of my channel 19 plugs.

Last time I listened to an audio book I’m pretty sure it was The Bernstein Bears and needless to say it was on a tape deck.  Wasn’t even sure I’d like it now but the price was right.  1 free each month and half off any I want to buy in the meantime.  I decided to get the audio version of the Halo book that’s traveled over a hundred thousand miles with me but has never been cracked once.  Time seems to fly by now, not quite as fast as listening to my radio shows but still faster than music alone.



It was long ago, it was far away- so much better than it is today


Long time since we met at 322
Going the distance?  Yea Sheila 2.0 and I have been places.  A lot of the same ground, but a distance nonetheless.  The trip we're on now is like none we've done before.



Well, done with Roehl, that is.  Actually I've done this several times


Shit just got real.
Real anticlimactic, that is.  Basically I'm doing a 5am delivery, an 11am live load, then hightailing it straight back to Wisconsin.  In some sense, it's a GOOD thing that the Game Developers Conference is going on in San Francisco this week, thus most of my colleagues are out of town anyway.  Maybe if these loads get more frequent I might get a chance for a proper [on location] college reunion.

I guess there was going to be more blog here but... yea.  I forgot just how much of nothing there is out here.  That sprawling nothing between Toledo and Gary feels like a Dunks run next to this

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha tape deck. 8 tracks can't be that old I still have them and a player to boot. That blue line doesn't look that far. Hows the different scenery out west??

    UD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gear down smartly on those hills of Az.Glad you packed those Hawaiian shirts .dad

      Delete