Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Twilight Zone


The above and beyond things we do for our employers.  As much as it sucks for miles I don’t mind doing a delivery in Tewksbury my first day out.  Have to pick it up in Springfield?  Ok fine.
Wait, delivery time is what, now?   0600?  Now you owe me one.  Nobody likes starting their 9-5 job at 2am.

That started a chain reaction that lasted 3 straight days of starting at 0200-0300 and done by 1600-1700.
I finally broke it with a push for customer service to get an appointment time changed from 0600 to 0900 on day 4.  I said there was no way in hell I was going to get up at midnight.  That cycle wreaks havoc on my energy level.  As soon as the drive time runs out in the early afternoon I pass out, lethargically wake up at 7pm, eat, go back to sleep, get up at 0200 and do it again.  Doesn’t do well for my already sluggish interpretation of how productive I am in my free time.  They didn’t put up a fight.


Kentucky SWAG
The only upshot of that night-rider finale was that it was headed for southwestern Virginia by way of Kentucky.  Yay!  Blazing new trails…. Except for that part where its 200 miles on a can-of-worms/malaria-germs state road through the heart of the Appalachians.  Find an interstate between Lexington, KY and Wytheville, VA.  You won’t.  Wish I didn’t have to do most of it before the sun came up, not only was it a pitch black ride over mountains and mining towns, fog limited my sight to ½ mile or less most of the time.  Maybe next time it will be a little more picturesque.  I made bank this week so ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment