Sunday, March 3, 2013

Way Down the Line

Had no pictures ready this time.  Deal with it.   Nvm lol, ripped them off my flickr

Since the last update there have been many run-of-the-mill day to day assignments, so nothing really new to report.  The one exception being the bass-ackwards 3-stop pickup originating in Wilmington, DE and going to Stevens Point, WI near HQ.  What made it extraordinary was getting loaded with the wrong stuff on pickup 2/3 in southern NJ and being told to go ahead to WI anyway, only to be a third of the way across PA and get a call saying "Oh, nvm lol we need to bring that back to NJ and get the right stuff loaded."  All this while Nemo was raping New England with snow I was getting rained on like it wasn't even funny.  Meanwhile dispatch is worried that I'm going to get buried up to my windshield and conversely I was worried about drowning.  Got paid for every mile AND the detention time so I would say no harm no foul, but I suffered mental anguish driving through the same towns 4 times in 48 hours.

Oh yea.  The Camping trip went down on the following weekend.  Last year I missed it, this year I made it.  
My how the year has flown by since that fateful Thursday in Montreal.  Could have been a bit warmer but it also could have been a LOT worse.  Keeping my hopes up for next year.  Seriously, managing beer to the proper temperature using only a raging fire and snow is almost more trouble than its worth.



Dress appropriately
5 Axles : NOPE
If we were actually ON Mt. Washington we'd probably be dead.

1 comment:

  1. Yea its a challenge to keep beer from solidifying but trying is half the fun. Many comments on what do you wear when its that cold. Don't ask Matti. 138 mph winds on Mt. Washington we're nine miles south of that. And ten degrees. Eat fast

    ReplyDelete