Friday, February 24, 2012

The tour is over, I've survived

And back on the road again.  Like hell I'm going to be so bored as to make a report on my 4 days off.  Not this time.  After a nice 4 weekdays home, its Friday and Sheila and I are off again, headed all the way to Green Bay.  A long ass run straight off a break but at least this weeks pay won't dissapoint.  Definitely making up for lost dollars over the weekend.  Got a way early start this morning and ended up getting here 2 and a half hours early.  The snow and sleet in western MA was a total bust.  At least this was a place that was happy to see me early and expedite their day.

Thats one in a dozen.

Thanks to dad and uncle Dennis for the help getting Sheila back to a pro level interior.  We got a proper ground on the CB's power supply so there is no more engine interference.  Also got a sweet antenna for it, all I need is a bit of coax cable to get it running.  And though we don't yet have my awesome stereo in, I at least left with a new XM subscription for my 7 year old reciever.  The only problem is the antenna is for a flat roof, which I now lack.  Going to have to get a directional one to mount on the mirror

I also discovered that 3M Command Hooks are the best thing ever.  No more crap sliding around on the dashboard.  Winning.

A funny occurrence happened yesterday while rectifying my reimbursement reports for the weekend snafu an old favorite song came on.  Funny I always thought the lyrics to Blink 182's Anthem Part 2 went "... if *work* f*cked up you're to blame", though the proper lyric is "we're". Had I not misheard the lyrics this would have been pretty awesome.


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY MADE IT A DASH ORNAMENT

    ReplyDelete