Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 2: still tired from the move

Well, it doesn't get much more real than this.  2 full days in and I've seen more episodes of The Big Bang Theory, Bones, and Supernatural than I have in the last year.  I need to start watching TV again.

Oh wait, this is a trucking blog. My bad.

Who would have thought my start would be on the most beautiful and scenic highways in America, the New Jersey Turnpike.  Mr. Keyboard Sarcasm Machine GO!

Though I can't call specifics, suffice it to say I helped move stuff that was made in America to a few small businesses.  Though we had to tailgate unload 53 feet of things  significantly heavier than my pre-work screening of 40 pounds, it still felt good that we helped make a piece of the local economy move forward.  Nice and all, but now I'm in bed and feel beat to hell.

Though that was easier said than done.  Most of my 6 BTW hours yesterday were on some mean state highways in the mountainous western PA.  Most of which were in the dark.  I was told I handled them LIKE A BOSS.  If he doesn't mind I'll say more about John next time, but also suffice it to say we're a 2 pair born about 20 years apart.  Convienently I always say I was born 20 years too late so its perfect.  I was sitting there driving in my first hour yesterday and I hear "Eastbound and down,loaded up and truckin'..."  Looking down at John's phone blinking I'm all, "Seriously man?  Omg this gets better and better".  I've learned a lot I could never have seen in a classroom and there's plenty more to go.

Even after 2 days we still haven't gone too far from Jersey yet but we're going on a pretty long hike tomorow on a certain highway I've seen a lot of in the last year near a place I was fairly recently. 

Well, off to SB time for me, stay frosty.

No comments:

Post a Comment