Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shipping Up To Boston

So what we've got here is I-84 N just a few miles north of Hartford.  The typical scene of arbitrary lane closures at all times of the day (except at night) slowing down my ride home.  I signed on too early today forgetting I shut down at 11 last night.  Because I didn't get 10 consecutive hours off I can't get BTW today :/.  Oh well.  A few more hours and I'll be home.  Like, HOME home.

John is dropping me off on his way up to NH, and he doesn't have to deliver until 0400 tomorrow.  Rather fitting that I'm using a Market Basket store as an RV point to finish this 7-day shenanigan.

The next step is scheduling a pickup to get my ass back to Gary after Christmas.  The catch is just how long the relays are, because getting a direct ride back there is a snowballs chance in Phoenix.  When I do, I take another volley of tests and get issued my own set of wheels.  Unfortunately I've hit another speed bump; it was bad enough with the episodes in October but now Christmas and New Years are slowing up this process.  If I end up having to ride out for another week of 1:1 training I'll be a little... Bothered.

I could get all philosophical on this trip but the story of the last 5 years of my life has been told, the who, the why, the where, and to some of you, even the interest rates.  Suffice it to say, I didn't see this coming.  Also, though I haven't seen the first paycheck yet, its been worth it.

Riding with John has been pretty kick ass.  Much like working with Dale in Marshfield, I can't think of what a better learning experience would be.  Both at a pro and real level, when you live in a 6 square foot box with somebody for a week it feels like you've known them for a year.

Rock_117 out


No comments:

Post a Comment