Saturday, December 17, 2011

Snow, gadgets, street lights, people.

So today was a full punch of highway driving for both of us.  We cruised from Madison to Toledo.  When we got up this morning this is what we saw, a dusting by Wisconsin standards.  After parking it here in Ohio the same thing is going down.  There's a band of flurries following us all the way back east. 

Passing through Gary again I proceeded to do a bitchin' 45° back like a BOSS.  Today rocked for that reason enough.

I spent a bit of down time messing with John's laptop, relieving of its memory hogging factory programs courtesy of Sony.  Of course with 1 gig of ram, a 1.7 gig Intel and Vista SP1, I'm good but I'm not a magician.  While I was btw I offered my phone as entertainment, John had a blast with my Youtube app watching Blue Collar Comedy and cursing his BlackBerry Bold that sat lonely on the dashboard.  After cuing up my phone through the aux jack he was further impressed by my old school rock obsession.

I'm excited about this gig but like I imagined early on, I can't help but feel like a fish out of water when mingling with other drivers.  Most everybody is friendly but just a little retracted on the outside so its tough to break in.  It might be a long time before I'm really comfortable being myself around the crowd.  I can honestly say I haven't met anybody I didn't like yet, which helps a lot.  Even the mannerisms of other drivers are eons ahead of what most would expect. 

I just hope this streak keeps up.


2 comments:

  1. Nice ride Matti,2011 or 2012 year? detroit diesel or m benz engine? thats the kind of truck I work on every day. i was doing a road service at a customers yard last wed. and a roehl truck pulled in to make a delivery, but i didn't get a chance to talk to the driver. have fun and see ya soon


    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, its a '12 Cascadia with a DD15. Kicks way more ass than the Benz we learned on. I actually just got her to 50k miles this week. It would be boss if I could get one of these or the new International ProStar's they're bringing on board. I'll probably get some piece of crap though.

    ReplyDelete