Monday, December 5, 2011

Is this the real life?

Sunday in Milesburg, PA
RDTC is done, and I am a proud holder of a Wisconsin Class A license.   I'll write more on how awesome it was in my next post.

The ride home was pretty uneventful, less for my first wine tasting event at my wonderful Cleveland stopover.  Another fact about myself I learned is that I much prefer driving the expanse of I-40 in New Mexico rather than I-80 in Pennsylvania.  At least in NM you can see more than 300 feet in any direction, even if all you can see contains nothing.
This was true last night, when I wasn't sure if the whole thing had been a dream and I woke up at the house in NJ I'd seen way too much of in the last 2 months.

Today reality was confirmed, when I went to the MVC office to transfer my license to a NJ CDL.  Did you guess it was going to be a pain after this 2 month headache?  I sure did.

I hate it when I'm right.  After 30 minutes of cross-checking SOP's and making a few phone calls the agents came to the conclusion that they don't have an exact procedure in place for my unique situation.  They made copies of everything I had in my master folder and the testing department head needs to verify all my papers and presumably to make sure I'm not a threat to homeland security.  Unfortunately as luck would have it he wasn't there but will be in the office tomorrow and will call me with an answer.

I expected them to ask me why the hell I went to get my CDL in Wisconsin.  They didn't.  What they DID ask out of curiosity is why did I take until 12/5 to apply for a license when my NJ CDL permit was issued on 9/26?  Why did I take 70 days you ask?

Funny story about that...

3 comments:

  1. Funny? Ok shoot I'm ready for a laugh. And you thought Mass RMV was tough!!! DEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I-80 is terrrrible. The same can be said for the PA turnpike. There were time I came close to tearing out my hair while driving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After visiting the RMV with you in September and the fine highly trained employees we spoke to["oh I don't know what form or office you need this isn't my regular station"] how could you expect anything else. Dad

    ReplyDelete