Thursday, December 15, 2011

Top Gear: No Overdrive

These things are fast when they're empty, but 17 tons hanging on your tail makes a hell of a drag.  I got nearly all interstate time today, which was nice because hilly or not thats my forte.  I clocked about 7 hours today, and at 65 that covers a lot more ground than PA state roads.

I still need work on my backing, though thats no surprise.  I've only been able to try once though, because every place we've been has been a bitch even for John to tackle while I spotted for him.  Hopefully tomorrow will present another opportunity to try, with any luck it won't include a time limit.  At least today I felt accomplished doing something I've been good at for years.

Another milestone occurred today, my first visit to another company terminal, which included a whole bunch of free services, most  importantly a shower.  I was skeptical on how presentable this was going to be, but lets just say I prefer Roehl facilities over Villanova University's  South Campus.  Though I can't speak for the lodging here because its another night in the truck.  All my gear is already up here anyway plus we have an early start tomorrow to make our appointment, but to get my 10 hours off I need to be the one to sleep in.  :)

Maybe I'll finally find a postcard with cows and a barn on it like I didn't last time I was up that way.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Matti...just wanted to say, stay safe, drive carefully and enjoy every moment and every sight you see. I think it's great that you have this blog so we can experience everything with you. Miss you and pray that you are happy and fullfilled at what you have chosen to do in life. Keep writing, it's great to see what is going on in your life...much love, Aunty Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina DiSessa12/16/2011 12:30 AM

    Where are you man? Post some shots from your phone or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matti,
    Everyone I speak to wishes you well and they're checkin out your blog so keep us informed and be safe. Dad

    ReplyDelete