Monday, December 12, 2011

Life gets Roehl (part 2)

Also the first post from the Blogger Android app.  Thats right, I ended up going with the Samsung Galaxy II.  Aside from surrendering my physical keyboard, this is most definitely the start of a beautiful relationship :-)

Anyway, I was in the middle of an edge-of-seat scream out loud intense CoD SpecOps game with Kyle when I got the call from my trainer, John.  Tomorrow is the day.  I go out on an active company truck and learn the ways of the road, as hands-on as hands-on gets.  I've had the clothes packed since Thursday, but finally now I can get my day-to-day things in order.  As we did before my trip to RDTC, we celebrated at the Texas Roadhouse tonight, in a similar atmosphere but with a different state of mind.  This time I felt a bit more accomplished, needless to say.

The 1 week gap had one advantage, this is the part where I say thanks to Nana for my birthday present.  I had a blast seeing Jerry Seinfeld at Foxwoods on Friday night, I just wish I had a full weekend (and paycheck) to make it last longer.  It was good seeing the family again after all this time.  I really feel like I've been down here forever.

Tomorrow I'm gone though, and although I'm not on my own yet- it'll be a hell of a lot better than spending 7 straight hours unlocking all the achievements for Halo Anniversary...  Okay maybe not quite as cool as yesterday but still better than SpecOps.

1 comment:

  1. Matti, my second attempt to send this from. My phone. Flood luck and have a good run. Dad

    ReplyDelete